A 23-year-old woman is in custody after she shoots a man during an argument, say police.
On September 14, 2023, a 42-year-old man approached police in the 100 block of Martha Street to report that he had been shot. Officers immediately called paramedics. The victim was taken to hospital in unstable condition but later upgraded to stable.
The accused was located nearby and quickly arrested. Officers found a zip gun with 13 rounds of .22 calibre ammunition.
Investigators say that two groups had been involved in a verbal dispute when the suspect pulled out the firearm that she had concealed on her body and fired the weapon striking the victim in the lower body.
Vera Raquel Grieves of Winnipeg has been charged for her alleged involvement with:
- Aggravated Assault
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Two counts of Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order
- Carrying Concealed Weapon Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Fail to Comply with Condition of Release Order x 6
- Warrants of Arrest x 4
© News4.ca 2023