Police in Winnipeg have arrested and charged a 24-year-old male in connection to a shooting in the 300 block of Bannerman Avenue.
Around 4:50 am on Saturday, October 28, 2023, officers located a 58-year-old man suffering from a gunshot wound to the upper-body. He was taken to hospital in critical condition and later upgraded to stable. The suspect was known to one of the residents but not to the victim. He fled the scene before police arrived.
The Tactical Support Team and General Patrol officers executed a search warrant in the 900 block of Summerside Avenue around 9:20 am and located the suspect inside. He was arrested without incident.
Police say the suspect forced his way into the Bannerman Avenue Residence, got into an argument with the homeowner before pulling out a gun and shooting the victim.
Dylan Denee Alfred Denechezhe has been charged for his alleged involvement with:
- Aggravated Assault
- Break, Enter & Commit – Dwelling House
- Use of firearm During Commission of an Indictable Offence
- Possession of Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Discharge a Restricted Firearm or a Prohibited Firearm with Intent
- Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime
Denechezhe remains in custody.