Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) responded to a fire in a three-storey apartment building on Pembina Highway.
Crews were called to the blaze in the 2300 block around 7:40 pm and found heavy smoke coming from a second storey suite.
An offensive attack was launched and the fire was under control at 8:26 pm.
One person was assessed on scene by paramedics but did not need to be taken to hospital.
Residents in the building were all outside by the time emergency crews arrived on the scene.
The cause of the fire was due to unattended cooking says the WFPS.
There are no damage estimates available.
Residents were able to go back into the building after crews completed venting the residual smoke from the complex.
© News4.ca 2020Share Post |
Follow News4 |