Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service has determined that unattended cooking is to blame for a fire in the 300 block of Salter Street Friday morning, October 2, 2020.
Crews were called to the two-storey duplex just after 11:00 am and encountered smoke as they arrived on the scene.
An offensive attack was launched and the fire was declared under control at 11:37am.
People in the building were able to self-evacuate before firefighters arrived.
WFPS reminds everyone that it is important to:
Damage estimates are not available.
© News4.ca 2020