Winnipeg’s Guns and Gangs Unit began an investigation in May 2023, into two people who had moved into a temporary residence in the 100 block of Northwater Bay to traffic illegal drugs.
On June 1, 2023, Members of the Guns & Gangs Unit, Tactical Support Team and General Patrol executed a search warrant at the residence.
At the time of the raid, a Winnipeg Police Service public information officer said in an email to News 4 “This was a non-criminal event, involving a disturbance and a group of people looking for their friend, ended all good.”
In a June 22, 2023, media release police said that officers seized drugs, cash and other items during the search including:
- Approximately $35,000 CDN currency
- Approximately 560 grams of Powder Cocaine (Estimated Street Value = $56,000)
- Approximately 54 grams of Crack Cocaine (Estimated Street Value = $5,4000)
- Approximately 700 Percocet Prescription Pills (Estimated Street Value = $7,000)
- Packaging Material
- Various Legal Documents and Identification
The suspects were not at the residence when police executed the search warrant and since that time officers have not been able to locate them.
Warrants for the suspects have been issued.
Ahmed Waziry, 25 and Najibullah Rassouli, 29, both from Ottawa, Ontario have been charged for their alleged involvement with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained By Crime Over $5,000
Police say that the charges have been authorized by the Provincial Crown. Both men are believed to be evading poice and remain at large.
Anyone with information that can help apprehend the accused is asked to contact investigators at (204) 986-8430 or Crime Stoppers at (204) 786-8477.
© News4.ca 2023