250 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Two deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his teens from the Winnipeg health region; and
- a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 11.5 per cent provincially and 12.3 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 53,403
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 32 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 18 cases in the Northern health region;
- 16 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 48 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 136 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 3,786 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 48,536 people listed as recovered.
293 people are in hospital in Manitoba with COVID-19 of which 214 have active cases of the virus.
There are 97 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 67 of those having active cases in Manitoba and 30 Manitobans being treated in other provinces.
21 patients being treated in ICUs in other provinces have been returned to Manitoba hospitals according to health officials.
2,713 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 792,471 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,081.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021