116 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One case was removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 115. Two deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 90s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern and the outbreak at Carman Memorial Hospital; and
- a male in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.ion.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 10.6 per cent provincially and 9.9 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 54,596
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- Three cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 23 cases in the Northern health region;
- seven cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 28 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 55 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 2,972 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 50,520 people listed as recovered.
266 people are in hospital in Manitoba with COVID-19 of which 186 have active cases of the virus.
There are 87 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 46 of those having active cases in Manitoba and 24 Manitobans being treated in other provinces.
1,532 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 805,146 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,104.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021