232 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Six cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 226. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 12 per cent provincially and 13.5 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 51,316
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 10 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 13 cases in the Northern health region;
- five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 36 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 168 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,333 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 45,927 people listed as recovered.
305 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 229 have active cases of the virus.
There are 72 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 51 of those having active cases.
2,396 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 772,477 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,056.
Outbreaks have been declared at Health Sciences Centre, GD4; Grace Hospital, 3 South; and Beacon Hill Lodge Personal Care Home in Winnipeg, and the Surgery Unit at the Dauphin Regional Health Centre in Dauphin.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021