A heated argument ended in violence with one victim being shot at and another being shot in the upper body.
The incident happened mid-afternoon on December 8, 2022, at a home in the 200 block of Young Street.
Police say that when the Tactical Support Team and General Patrol officers arrived on the scene they found a 40-year-old man suffering from an upper-body gunshot wound. The victim was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
As officers investigated they learned that during a heated argument the suspect fired a long gun in the direction of an 18-year-old female. the bullet barely missed her. The 40-year-old victim intervened to help the female at which time he was shot.
Officers arrested a 17-year-old male who was at the scene. The suspect gave officers a false name at the time of his arrest. Police also located and seized a firearm inside the home.
The accused has been charged for his alleged involvement with:
- Aggravated Assault
- Point a Firearm
- Discharge a Firearm with Intent
- Discharge a Firearm into or At a Place in a Reckless Manner
- Possession of Firearm, Restrict/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order x 4
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Fail to Comply with Condition of Release Order x 4
- Possession of an Identity Document x 2
- Identity Fraud – Intent to Gain Advantage
He was detained in custody.