A-17-year-old male is facing weapons charges after RCMP found him in possession of a firearm.
RCMP say that on September 14, 2023, officers were at a residence on Willow Bay in Portage la Prairie when they came across the armed teen from Sandy Bay First Nation.
The teen has been charged for his alleged involvement with:
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm/Prohibited Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Unsafe Storage of Firearm
He was released from custody on a Release Order.
© News4.ca 2023