An investigation that began with an August social media post featuring a weapon has now wrapped up with four arrests, the seizure of a sizable cache of drugs and weapons and the laying of more than 100 charges.
Several of the Winnipeg Police Service’s specialty units collaborated in the investigation. On August 19, 2021, they served a series of search warrants – one at a home in the first 100 block of Dalhousie Drive, one at a home in the 200 block of Provencher Boulevard, and another at a hotel in the 1800 block of Pembina Highway.
The four Winnipeg adults arrested and detained in custody are:
- Jonathon Alexander HERNTIER, 37, charged with 46 drug, firearm and assault-related offences;
- Joseph LIEW, 36, charged with 35 drug and firearm-related offences;
- Laura Jeanne POWELL, 26, charged with 16 drug and firearm-related offences;
- Sherry Ann KELLY LAGIMODIERE, 31, charged with 12 drug and firearm-related offences.
The drugs seized have an estimated street value of more than 1.5 million. The varied selection consisted mostly of meth, but also included sizeable quantities of cocaine, Xanax and psilocybin.
Other items seized included:
- 12 gauge shotgun
- 40 calibre Sig Sauer P320 model
- .22 calibre Ruger rifle model 10-22
- .22 calibre GSG rifle model MP40
- 9 mm Ruger rifle model PC Carbine – obliterated serial number
- inoperable revolver
- .22 Derringer Frontier model
- Glock 19 air pistols x 2
- Glock 17 air pistol
- Walther PPK air pistol
- Crosman SNR .357 air pistol
- various ammunition (compatible with all these firearms)
- smoke grenades x 2
© News4.ca 2021