251 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Four cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 247. Six deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 60s from Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern;
- a male in his 70s from Interlake–Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern and the outbreak at Beacon Hill Lodge Personal Care Home; and
- a female in her 90s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the outbreak at Carman Memorial Hospital.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 11.1 per cent provincially and 11.6 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 53,650
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 16 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 41 cases in the Northern health region;
- 17 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 35 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 142 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 3,600 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 48,963 people listed as recovered.
286 people are in hospital in Manitoba with COVID-19 of which 206 have active cases of the virus.
There are 94 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 48 of those having active cases in Manitoba and 30 Manitobans being treated in other provinces.
23 patients being treated in ICUs in other provinces have been returned to Manitoba hospitals according to health officials.
2,593 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 795,068 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,087.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021