Manitoba Health says that the first shipments of the seasonal flu and updated COVID-19 vaccines are being distributed across the province.
Initially the vaccines will be available at high-priority locations such as hospitals and personal care homes but should be available to the general public in the next few weeks.
Manitobans can begin accessing the updated vaccines as soon as they are available in their area. Vaccination locations and clinics can be found on the online vaccine finder or contact your local pharmacy or medical clinic.
Vaccination against both COVID-19 and seasonal flu is particularly important for people at higher risk of severe outcomes including:
- adults 65 years of age or older;
- residents of long-term care homes or other congregate living settings;
- individuals with underlying medical conditions that place them at higher risk;
- individuals who are pregnant or breastfeeding;
- individuals in or from First Nations, Métis and Inuit communities;
- members of racialized and other equity-deserving communities; and
- people who provide essential community services.
© News4.ca 2023