The annual Santa Claus Parade gets underway on Saturday, Novbemebr 17, 2018, and it is expected to draw large crowds along the route.
The city says that a number of roads in the downtown area will be closed beginning at 1:30 pm to accomodate the marshalling of floats and parade participants.
- Portage Avenue will be closed from Sherbrook Street to Main Street
- Portage Avenue East will be closed from Main Street to Westbrook Street
- Hargrave Street, Colony Street, Vaughn Street, Kennedy Street, Edmonton Street, Garry Street, Fort Street, Carlton Street, Donald Street, and Smith Street will be closed at Portage Avenue
- Main Street southbound will be closed between McDermot Avenue and Graham Avenue
- Main Street northbound will be closed between St. Mary Avenue and Portage Avenue
- Pioneer Avenue westbound will be closed between Main Street and Westbrook Street
- Westbrook Street southbound will be closed between Portage Avenue East and William Stephenson Way
- William Stevenson Way eastbound will be closed between Main Street and Waterfront Drive
Roads will reopen at approximately 8:00 pm Saturday night.
For live traffic information download the Waze app and join the News 4 traffic trackers team or click here
© 2018 News 4