A 25-year-old River Heights man is facing charges after the Guns and Gangs Unit began an investigation into the suspected possession of an illegal handgun.
On August 22, 2022, officers took the suspect into custody and executed a search warrant at a home in the 200 block of Centennial Street. During the search officers found a number of items that they seized including a loaded Glock handgun and about $10,000 in cash
The accused has been charged for their alleged involvement with:
– Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
– Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
– Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
– Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (x2)
– Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
As mandated by the criminal code the accused was released on an Appearance Notice.