Around 5:30am Thursday morning WPS officers began a pursuit in St.Vital after they had tried to stop a suspected stolen vehicle, a late model red Ford F-150 Raptor.
The driver of the truck sped off and headed toward the perimeter where he continued at a high rate of speed heading west.
He turned eastbound on McGillivray Boulevard reaching speeds of approximately 170 kph.
Officers successfully deployed multiple spike belts but the suspect continued eastbound and at times, into on-coming traffic. The truck made minor contact with an uninvolved civilian vehicle before coming to a stop in a ditch near Kenaston Boulevard and McGillivary Boulevard.
A 20 year old male is facing a number of charges for his alleged involvement including:
- Flight while Pursued by Peace Officer
- Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle
- Resist Peace Officer
- Possession of a Weapon
- Driving While Ability Impaired
- Driving with More Than 80mgs of Alcohol in Blood
- Possess Break-in Instruments and Theft Under $5000.00.
The investigation is on-going and additional charges are pending.