It started late Tuesday night, police spotted a car without plates that matched the description of a stolen vehicle around Kildonan Park.
The suspect fled but was no match for police who called in AIR-1, the police helicopter. The suspect lead officers chasing him out of the city reaching speeds of more than 120kph. He eventually returned to the city and got to experience another piece of police gadgetry, the spike belt.
The incident ended at Watt St. and Talbot Ave where the man was arrested.
No one was injured in the ordeal
Peter Jordon GIESBRECHT, 21 years old of Steinbach, Manitoba has been charged with the following due to his alleged involvement:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
- Flight while Pursued by Peace Officer
- Assault a Peace Officer with a Weapon x 2
- Possession of a Weapon
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order
- HTA – Drive while Disqualified