On Saturday afternoon, February 18, 2023, Winnipeg police arrested a 23-year-old male who was allegedly seen with a firearm near Aikins Street and Mountain Avenue.
Officers searched the area and found a man matching the description of the suspect walking in the 400 block of Mountain Avenue. He was taken into custody by members of the Tactical Support Team. A loaded sawed-off semi-automatic rifle was found in a nearby yard. The rifle’s serial number had been removed and the magazine had been altered to increase its capacity.
Dorian Tyrell Packo was charged for his alleged involvement with:
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Device
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number has been Tampered With
- Possession of a Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order x 2
Police say that Packo was on parol at the time of his arrest from the Edmonton Institution. The Correction Service of Canada was advised and a warrant for Packo’s apprehension was issued. The warrant was executed by officers.
Packo was detained in custody