Firefighters were called to a Paulley Drive single-family home on Saturday afternoon for the report of a fire.
As crews arrived they found smoke coming from the home and launched an offensive attack. The fire was declared under control at 3:28 pm.
Everyone from inside the home was able to evacuate before emergency crews arrived. One person was assessed by paramedics on scene and taken to hospital in stable condition. No other injuries were reported.
Fire officials say that the cause of the fire appears to be accidental. It is believed that a candle was being improperly used at the time of the fire.
© News4.ca 2021