303 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 70s from the Interlake-Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 12.1 per cent provincially and 13.7 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 51,090
Manitoba Public Health noted that due to technical issues the actual case numbers today are higher than reported. It is expected that the numbers will be corrected on Tuesday.
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 12 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 13 cases in the Northern health region;
- 15 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 37 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 226 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,504 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 45,533 people listed as recovered.
308 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 236 have active cases of the virus.
There are 71 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 48 of those having active cases.
2,599 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 770,070 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,053.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard