183 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Seven cases were removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 176. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 8.8 per cent provincially and 8.5 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 54,915
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 12 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 34 cases in the Northern health region;
- 20 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 27 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 90 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 2,532 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 51,271 people listed as recovered.
246 people are in hospital in Manitoba with COVID-19 of which 155 have active cases of the virus.
There are 80 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 40 of those having active cases in Manitoba and 20 Manitobans being treated in other provinces.
2,079 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 809,449 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,112.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021