497 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Four cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 493. No deaths were reported due to the virus.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 12.6 per cent provincially and 14 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 50,144
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 32 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 25 cases in the Northern health region;
- 80 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 36 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 324 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,676 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 44,426 people listed as recovered.
312 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 238 have active cases of the virus.
There are 69 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 49 of those having active cases.
3,480 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 761,479 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,042.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021