93 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Six deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 30s from the Winnipeg health region linked to an unspecified variant of concern;
- a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a female in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region linked to an unspecified variant of concern;
- a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region; and
- a male in his 70s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 8 per cent provincially and 7.2 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 55,331
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 14 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- eight cases in the Northern health region;
- five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 24 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 42 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 2,166 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 52,041 people listed as recovered.
233 people are in hospital in Manitoba with COVID-19 of which 140 have active cases of the virus.
There are 74 Manitoba patients in intensive care units due to the virus
1,397 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 814,968 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,124.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard