502 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Four cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 498. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 50s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 9.6 per cent provincially and 11.3 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 40,940
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 30 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 17 cases in the Northern health region;
- 32 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 34 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 389 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 2,989 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 36,964 people listed as recovered.
201 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 137 have active cases of the virus.
There are 56 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 44 of those having active cases.
4,723 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 685,810 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 987.
Dr. Roussin, chief provincial public health officer has scheduled a media conference at 6:00 pm this evening to announce changes to public health orders.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021