A malfunctioning furnace is believed to be the cause of a Toronto Street house fire on Saturday, November 4, 2023.
Firefighters were called to the single-family bungalow at 8:47 am and found heavy smoke coming from the building as they arrived on the scene.
An interior attack was launched including the use of a flame guard X-Tinguish Fire Suppression Tool.
Crews were forced out of the structure as the flames had spread extensively. They continued to battle the fire defensively. Once the flames were knocked down firefighters were able to re-enter the home and continue to extinguish the fire. The blaze was declared under control at 10:44 am.
No one was in the building at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. Neighbouring home had to be temporarily evacuated but residents were able to return once the fire was out.
© News4.ca 2023