69 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Four deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 20s from Interlake–Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
- a male in his 60s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern;
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the unspecified variant of concern; and
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 7.6 per cent provincially and 6.6 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 55,467
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- four cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 15 cases in the Northern health region;
- one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 16 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 33 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 1,860 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 52,478 people listed as recovered.
224 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 71 are in intensive care. 14 are receiving care outside of the province.
1,243 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 817,797 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,129.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021