Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) Responded to a residential fire in the 300 block of Victor Street early Saturday morning, December 18, 2021.
When firefighters arrived on the scene they found smoke and flames shooting out of the structure. An offensive attack was launched with the blaze being brought under control just over 90 minutes later at 1:41 am.
The human residents were able to safely get out of the burning building before firefighters arrived on the scene. Crews found two dogs and a cat inside and made a valiant effort to try and save the family pets but unfortunately, all three did not survive.
The house suffered significant damage from the flames, water and smoke.
A WFPS fire investigator has made a preliminary determination that the fire was accidental and was caused by unattended cooking.
© News4.ca 2021