In an awards ceremony at the Manitoba Association of Chiefs of Police Excellence in Policing Awards dinner on Thursday night, November 22, 2018, ten police officers were honoured for their contributions.
“These officers have demonstrated exceptional dedication to public safety in their communities and it is an honour to present them with these awards,” said Justice Minister Cliff Cullen. “Their dedication has made a real difference in the lives of Manitobans, helping to keep our communities safe.”
Six RCMP officers, two officers from Winnipeg Police Service (WPS) and two officers from Brandon Police Service (BPS) were recognized. The reward recipients are selected by a committee with representatives from the BPS, RCMP, WPS and Manitoba Justice.
Since the establishment of the awards, more than 150 police officers in the province have been recognized for their contributions to their communities, police service or the betterment of law enforcement in Manitoba.
This year’s recipients are:
• Staff Sgt. Douglas Ashton, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP);
• Cpl. Brock Carson, RCMP;
• Const. Julie Coté, RCMP;
• Insp. David Dalal, Winnipeg Police Service (WPS);
• Insp. Greg Hebert, Brandon Police Service (BPS);
• Cpl. John Hurley, RCMP;
• Special Const. Ryan Jack Linklater, RCMP;
• Det. Moazzodin Sadr, WPS;
• Const. Christopher Stupak, BPS; and
• Sgt. George William Whelan, RCMP
© 2018 News 4