July 14, 1910 – Prime Minister Sir Wilfrid Laurier and Public Works Minister William Pugsley formally open the St. Andrews Lock and Dam in Lockport.
July 14, 1932 – Dedication of the International Peace Garden took place on July 14, 1932, with some 75,000 persons present. A cairn, build of stones gathered from North Dakota and Manitoba was inscribed with a “promise of peace”
July 14, 1966 – The Rolling Stones played the Winnipeg Arena to a sold out crowd. For those that did attend they had to shell out a whopping $4.50 for a ticket.