Improper use of a candle is to blame for a fire in a four-unit multi-family home early Thursday morning, February 2, 2023.
Firefighters were called out at 3:08 am to the 200 block of Dumoulin Street. When they arrived they found smoke inside the building. The fire had been put out before emergency crews arrived but they worked to ensure all hot spots were extinguished and ventilated smoke from the building.
One resident was taken to the hospital in stable condition. No other injuries were reported.
Damage to the suite was minimal.