Winnipeg Police have arrested and charged three people in relation to a break and enter they happened upon Saturday evening, December 15, 2018.
Police say that officers were in an apartment building in the 500 block of Furby Street on an unrelated matter when they noticed a suite with a damaged door and door frame. As they entered the suite they found three suspects inside.
Police learned that the suite was unoccupied and should have been vacant.
Two of the suspects lied to police about their identity by providing false names. A search of the suspects also found one of them to be in possession of a loaded improvised firing device.
29-year-old Myles Junior Keewatincappo form Winnipeg has been charged for his alleged involvement with:
- Break & Enter with Intent – Dwelling House
- Store Firearm or Restricted Weapon Contrary to Regulations
- Possession of a Weapon
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (x2)
- Public Mischief
- Fail to Comply Condition Recognizance by Judge/Justice (x3)
Police say that Keewatincappo also had two outstanding warrants for his arrest that he was also processed on.
Nicki Gilbert Beardy and Karen Deanna Hastings, both 25 from Winnipeg have been charged for their alleged involvement with Break and Enter withIntent.
Beardy was also charged with Public Mischief.
All three suspects were detained in custody.
© 2018 News 4
Share Post |
Follow News4 |