Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service were called to a three-storey apartment building on Main Street Friday evening, February 28, 2020.
When crews arrived just after 7:30 pm they found smoke coming from the building.
An offensive attack was launched and firefighters had it under control within a half hour.
Two people were helped out of the building by emergency crews. One person was taken to hospital in stable condition after being assessed by paramedics
The cause of the fire appears to have been accidental and caused by unattended cooking.
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service reminds everyone to never leave the kitchen while cooking on a stove. If you do have to leave turn off the stove burners even if for a short time.
© News4.ca 2020