603 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 602. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 40s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region; and
- a male in his 70s from Southern Health–Santé Sud, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 13.8 per cent provincially and 15.3 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 46,916
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 20 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 36 cases in the Northern health region;
- 41 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 97 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 409 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,659 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 41,238 people listed as recovered.
291 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 232 have active cases of the virus.
There are 76 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 56 of those having active cases.
3,619 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 735,315 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,019.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021