Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) responded to a fire in an apartment complex on Lake Crest Road around 1:10 pm on Thursday, October 3, 2019.
When crews arrived they launched an offensive attack in one suite bringing the fire under control quickly.
Fire officials say the blaze was isolated to a single suite and was caused by unattended cooking.
The suite suffered some fire damage as well as significant smoke damage.
The people in the suite were able to get out before crews arrived. There were no reported injuries.
WFPS reminds everyone that it is critical to remain in the kitchen when cooking. Burners on stoves should always be turned off when leaving the kitchen even for a short time.
© News4.ca 2020