WINNIPEG WEATHER

Always Local, Always Free

Church Avenue fire deemed accidental

Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responded to a fire in a commercial building in the 1600 block of Church Street at 9:41 am on Wednesday, March 29, 2023.

When firefighters arrived they encountered a fire inside the building and put it out. The building’s fire suppression system was activated and damages to the structure were limited.

 

 

Employees of a Church Avenue business look on as firefighters extinguish a fire in a malfunctioning piece of equipment (Robb Mitchell | News 4)

 

 

Initially the Hazardous Materials Unit was dispatched to the scene but it was later determined that they would not be needed and their response was cancelled.

The cause of the fire has been determined to be related to a mechanical malfunction and is considered accidental.

No injuries were reported.

Tags

Share this post:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore