97 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One case has been removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 96. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a female under 10 from the Winnipeg health region.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 6.5 per cent provincially and 6.9 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 55,975
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 14 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 16 cases in the Northern health region;
- five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 12 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 50 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 1,480 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 53,356 people listed as recovered.
193 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 52 are in intensive care. 12 are receiving care outside of the province.
1,631 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 826,662 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,139.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021