Winnipeg Police responded to reports of a man with a gun shortly after 6:00 pm on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 near Main Street and Inkster Boulevard.
As officers arrived in the area they found the suspect walking north on main street. He was taken into custody without incident.
Officers discovered as they searched the suspect that he was wearing body armour and was carrying a loaded .22 calibre semi-automatic handgun.
He also had about 21 grams of Cocaine in his possession along with nearly $3,000 in cash.
23-year-old Dustin Wayne Johnson from Winnipeg is facing a number of charges for his alleged involvement including:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking Cocaine
- Carrying Concealed Weapon Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (x6)
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000
- Possess body armour without a valid permit or in a manner inconsistent with the valid permit (The Body Armour and Fortified Vehicle Control Act)
He was detained in custody.
© 2019 News 4Share Post |
Follow News4 |