86 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Four cases were removed due to data corrections. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 81. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 60s from the Northern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
- a female in her 70s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region linked to the alpha variant of concern; and
- a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 5.4 per cent provincially and 5.2 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 56,667
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 16 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 11 cases in the Northern health region;
- 10 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 10 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 39 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 1,016 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 54,494 people listed as recovered.
142 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 34 are in intensive care. Five are receiving care outside of the province.
1,445 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 841,118 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,157.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021