85 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 84. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 70s from Southern Health-Santé Sud linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 5.9 per cent provincially and 6.5 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 55,777
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 10 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- eight cases in the Northern health region;
- five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- nine cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 53 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 1,635 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 53,007 people listed as recovered.
197 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 66 are in intensive care. 12 are receiving care outside of the province.
1,625 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 823,640 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,135.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021