74 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Two cases were removed due to data corrections. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 72. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 30s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
- a male in his 70s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from the Prairie Mountain Health region.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 5.1 per cent provincially and 4.6 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 56,739
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 22 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- five cases in the Northern health region;
- One case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 13 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 33 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 1,030 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 54,549 people listed as recovered.
141 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 33 are in intensive care. Four are receiving care outside of the province.
1,465 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 842,723 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,160.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021