74 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern and to the outbreak at Seven Oaks General Hospital 3U4-7.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 8 per cent provincially and 6.9 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 55,405
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- three cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- three cases in the Northern health region;
- three cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 15 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 50 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 2,075 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 52,205 people listed as recovered.
246 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 73 are in intensive care. 15 are receiving care outside of the province.
1,568 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 816,536 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,125.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021