71 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One case was removed due to data corrections. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 70. Two deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 30s from the Interlake-Eastern health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern; and
- a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 5.6 per cent provincially and 5.5 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 56,586
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 19 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- four cases in the Northern health region;
- four cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 12 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 32 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 990 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 54,442 people listed as recovered.
152 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 33 are in intensive care. Five are receiving care outside of the province.
1,639 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 839,643 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,154.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021