70 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Two deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 30s from Interlake–Eastern health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern; and
- a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 6.2 per cent provincially and 5.6 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 56,167
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- seven cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 20 cases in the Northern health region;
- two cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 12 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 29 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 1,395 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 53,631 people listed as recovered.
173 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 55 are in intensive care. Nine are receiving care outside of the province.
1,616 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 830,897 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,141.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021