65 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 70s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 6.3 per cent provincially and 6.1 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 56,482
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- nine cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- five cases in the Northern health region;
- 11 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- five cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 35 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 1,022 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 54,309 people listed as recovered.
150 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 46 are in intensive care. Six are receiving care outside of the province.
1,126 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 837,004 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,151.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard