594 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Six cases have been removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 588. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 50s from the Interlake-Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a female in her 80s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to an outbreak at the Russell Health Centre; and
- a female in her 90s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 14.1 per cent provincially and 16.1 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 47,504
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 39 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 26 cases in the Northern health region;
- 54 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 55 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 420 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,855 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 41,627 people listed as recovered.
296 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 236 have active cases of the virus.
There are 79 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 56 of those having active cases.
3,793 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 739,627 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,022.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021