560 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Three cases were removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 557. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 60s from Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a female in his 70s from Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a male in his 70s from Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 12.0 per cent provincially and 14.4 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 43,700
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 38 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 27 cases in the Northern health region;
- 34 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 30 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 431 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,046 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 38,652 people listed as recovered.
240 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 183 have active cases of the virus.
There are 62 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 49 of those having active cases.
4,767 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 710,248 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,002. Due to a data correction one death reported on May 12 was removed.
An outbreak has been declared at Donwood Manor Personal Care Home in Winnipeg.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021