534 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Two cases were removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 532. Four deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 50s from the Northern Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a female in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region; and
- a male in his 80s from Winnipeg health region, linked to an outbreak at Holy Family Home.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 12.3 per cent provincially and 14.1 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 45,149
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 39 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 39 cases in the Northern health region;
- 43 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 84 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 329 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,440 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 39,699 people listed as recovered.
258 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 201 have active cases of the virus.
There are 71 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 53 of those having active cases.
3,682 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 721,995 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,010.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021