532 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Three cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 529. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a female in her 60s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 10.9 per cent provincially and 13 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 41,953
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 27 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- nine cases in the Northern health region;
- 34 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 40 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 422 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 3,499 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 37,461 people listed as recovered.
210 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 149 have active cases of the virus.
There are 52 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 42 of those having active cases.
4,234 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 694,828 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 993.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021