53 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Nine cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 44. No deaths were reported due to the virus.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 4.0 per cent provincially and 3.8 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 56,987
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 10 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- zero cases in the Northern health region;
- one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 11 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 31 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 981 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 54,843 people listed as recovered.
131 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 33 are in intensive care. Two are receiving care outside of the province.
1,548 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 849,532 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,163.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard