502 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Four cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 498. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 40s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a male in his 50s from the Northern health region;
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 11.6 per cent provincially and 13.8 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 42,453
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 20 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 10 cases in the Northern health region;
- 20 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 48 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 399 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 3,771 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 37,683 people listed as recovered.
215 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 153 have active cases of the virus.
There are 60 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 48 of those having active cases.
3,787 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 698,667 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 997.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021